Monday, May 25, 2015

Activating a Dormant Malaysian CIMB Savings Account whilst Overseas

This issue has been resolved!

I got an e-mail today from my customer service representative. She had been giving me weekly updates about the status of my account.

Today, she e-mailed to inform me that my account is now active. Thank God!

---

What I did:

1. Posted my problem on CIMB Malaysia's facebook wall, explaining my circumstances and why their solution is unavailable to me.

2. Wait for a customer service representative to contact me.

3. Sent my contact details to the customer service representative to formally submit a complaint. (A reference number or case number will be assigned to you. Use it for further correspondences.)

4. Sent a formal letter (physical and electronic PDF copy) addressed to my home branch.

5. Wait for news.

6. Receive good/bad news. (In this case, it was good news for me.) ^^

---

Initially, I had asked my brother and another friend to ask the people at CIMB (face-to-face inquiry) on my behalf but they were both told I had to be physically in Malaysia to activate my account and that there was no other way. But, deciding not to give up or to resort to other... err... ways to "be" in Malaysia without actually being there, facebook turned out to be another reliable channel for customer service complaints.

SNS, people! If they are properly manned, they should be a good channel to submit your complaints and have the right people deal with your problem.

---
Previous Posts: [1] [2]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this